Songwriting Tune-Up was created to offer budding songwriters the opportunity to build on the skills gained in other Museum songwriting programs. We now also invite songwriters new to our programs to apply. Through one-on-one mentoring sessions with a songwriting professional, Tune-Up encourages young writers to continue to hone their crafts and to build confidence to take their songwriting to the next level.
Songwriting Tune-Up takes place via Zoom on the first Thursday and Saturday of each month, August through May.
During Tune-Up, students can:
- Get feedback on and help with completing works in progress
- Get help generating new ideas or moving through writer’s block
- Learn about home recording and production techniques using computers or smartphones
- Begin the process of making demos in programs like Pro Tools and GarageBand
Sign up for one forty-five-minute session per month or email email@example.com to request additional sessions.
Songwriters wishing to work as a duo or trio may book consecutive sessions but must email firstname.lastname@example.org to make prior arrangements.
Registration closes 48 hours prior to Tune-Up.
To be eligible for Tune-Up, songwriters must meet at least ONE of the following criteria
- Successful completion of Words & Music through your school, verified by your teacher through a brief letter of recommendation
- Successful completion of one session of summer songwriting camp at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum
- Successful completion of a Museum songwriting program with a community partner, including Martha O’Bryan Center, Nations Ministry Center, or Oasis Center.
- Prior approval of Museum staff. To be considered, please email email@example.com with an mp3 recording and complete lyrics of one original song (written alone or with collaborators), and a brief note telling us why you would like to participate in Songwriting Tune-Up. We will not evaluate the quality of your recording – we just want to get a sense of your songwriting.
Cost of Songwriting Tune-Up
The cost of Songwriting Tune-Up sessions varies depending on your situation:
- For locals: Tune-Up is free to youth from Davidson, Cheatham, Robertson, Rutherford, Sumner, Williamson, and Wilson counties as part of Community Counts: Museum Admission for Locals.
- For Museum members: Starting at the Family-level, members receive two complimentary Tune-Up sessions per year as a member benefit. When registering for a free session, please click on the “2 Free for Members” link, below. (To register for a third session or more, please click on “All Others.”) During the Tune-Up registration process, you will be prompted to log into our system – please do so with the username and password associated with your Family Membership. If you would like to become a member at the Family-level, please click here.
- For all other audiences: Each Tune-Up session, including remote sessions, requires the purchase of museum admission.
We want everyone to have a chance to Tune-Up!
- Life happens! If you need to cancel, please email firstname.lastname@example.org no less than 24 hours prior to your session so that we may offer the time to another participant. Multiple cancellations with less than 24 hours’ notice may preclude future registrations.
Remote Songwriting Tune-Up registration links.
*Youth from Davidson, Cheatham, Robertson, Rutherford, Sumner, Williamson, and Wilson counties may register as locals.
*The promo discount is applied at the end of the reservation process.