YOUNG EXPLORER KIT
Are you visiting the Museum with a young child? Check out a Young Explorer Kit to use together in the galleries.
What is a Young Explorer Kit?
Designed with the young child in mind, the Young Explorer Kit includes fun and educational activities to enhance the Museum experience.
See What's Inside
The Young Explorer Kit offers a kid-friendly scrapbook page with questions and activities to memorialize your child’s visit, as well as a special ‘I am an Explorer’ sticker, mini magnifying glass and pencil. The kit is yours to keep after your visit.
Who is this for?
The Young Explorer Kit is recommended for visitors with children ages 2 – 7. Older children or those with sensory needs might also enjoy adapting the kit to their own abilities and interests.
How do I get a Young Explorer Kit?
- They are available at no cost at the Information Desk and at the Museum Box Office.
Resources for your visit
- Family-friendly map: Locate suggested stops, interactive spaces, calm spaces, and more.
Quieter times and space
- While we cannot guarantee certain times will be slower than others, the early morning (9:00 to 11:00 a.m.) and late afternoon (3:00 to 5:00 p.m.) on weekdays tend to be less busy.
- To find a quiet space, dim space, or seating area, use this family-friendly map as a guide.
- Nursing mothers: Ask a staff member, and we will help you find a private classroom.
Young Explorers Kit are made possible by PNC.