Be a Part of History
More than 1.5 million guests explored the Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum in 2022, placing it among the most visited history museums in the country. Located in the heart of downtown Nashville, as an intern, you’ll be steps away from the honky–tonks on Broadway; other cultural institutions, such as the Ryman Auditorium, National Museum of African American Music, Frist Art Museum, and the Nashville Symphony; a short ride to East Nashville, known for its vibrant and eclectic music and food scenes; shopping and restaurants in the Gulch; and the green, outdoor spaces of Centennial Park (known for its full-scale replica of the Parthenon); and more.
2023 Internship Dates
Spring 2023: January 18 – April 14 | Applications closed
Summer 2023: May 17 – August 11 | Applications closed
Fall 2023: September 13 – December 15 | Applications for the fall 2023 internship program are now open!
Important Dates for the Fall 2023 Internship Program
- Internship and Field Forward Stipend Applications Due | by Tuesday, July 4
- Interview Period | Wednesday, July 5 – Wednesday, July 12
- Internships and Field Forward Stipends Offered | Week of July 17
Final candidates will be given three days to accept or decline the internship offer.
- Fall 2023 Internships Dates | Wednesday, September 13 – Friday, December 15
The following internships are available for fall. For more information about each internship and to apply, please click on the link to the respective internship.
- Education and Community Engagement: Museum Education
- Education and Community Engagement: Public Programs
- Events and Culinary: Events
- Museum Services: Collections
- Museum Services: Library and Archives
- Public Relations
Be sure to visit “How to Apply” for important application information.
In addition to paid internships, we also offer a limited number of Field Forward living and relocation stipends to college students traditionally underrepresented in cultural arts careers and students with demonstrated financial need. See “Field Forward Stipend” for more information and how to apply.
How to Apply
Prepare your application
The application process for prospective interns includes:
– An online application for the specific internship via our internal hiring system, which requires the completion of the following short-answer questions:
- The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum is a nonprofit organization. Please explain why you want to intern at a nonprofit museum. (1,000 character limit)
- Please expand upon your resume and cover letter and describe what strengths, skills, or professional experience you possess that would contribute positively to this internship experience. (1,000 character limit)
- What would you like to learn during this internship, and how would this internship contribute to your future goals and aspirations? (1,000 character limit)
– A resume
– A one-page cover letter; it is recommended that your cover letter explain how your education and experience will contribute positively to this internship and how this internship relates to your academic pursuits and/or career goals.
- The application must be completed in one sitting; our system does not allow for the creation of a user account.
- Do not apply for more than two internship opportunities.
- Applications that are submitted without a cover letter and resume will be rejected.
- Applications will not be accepted after the deadline.
Internship supervisors review all internship applications and invite top applicants to interview for the position. Select applicants are interviewed based on degree path, professional interests, and/or other qualifications applicable to the internship.
Due to the competitive nature of the Museum’s internship program, a prospective intern will only be contacted if an interview is requested.
The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum is committed to providing a safe and secure environment. All internship offers are subject to and contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
For additional information, contact the Internship office at firstname.lastname@example.org.